Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Plugin issues - please help!

Quote Reply
Plugin issues - please help!
I'm trying to use the Auth_vBulletin plugin, but so far without any luck. I'm using a populated vBulletin board (v 3.0.7) and a fresh install of Gossamer Links (v 3.0.1). I can log into vBulletin without issue, however Links doesn't recognize me as logged in.

Does anyone know what is causing this - or better yet, how to fix it?

I enabled debugging and pasted the error log entry below. This entry was obtained after I logged in through vBulletin, then accessed the (dynamic) Links home page.

Thanks,
Katina

--

GT::Config (5013): Adding '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Category.def' to the regular cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.

GT::Config (5013): Not loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Category.def' from cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.

GT::Config (5013): Loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Category.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '0', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.

GT::Config (5013): Adding '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Links.def' to the regular cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.

GT::Config (5013): Not loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Links.def' from cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.

GT::Config (5013): Loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_Links.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '0', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.

GT::Config (5013): Adding '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' to the regular cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.

GT::Config (5013): Not loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' from cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.

GT::Config (5013): Loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/glinks_CatLinks.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '0', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.

GT::Config (5013): Adding '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/database.def' to the regular cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 177.

GT::Config (5013): Not loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/database.def' from cache at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 163.

GT::Config (5013): Loading '/home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/database.def' with options: inheritance => '0', local => '0', cache => '1', create_ok => '1', empty => '0', chmod => '438', strict => '0', debug => '1', compile_subs => '' at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Config.pm line 145.

GT::Plugins (5013): Plugin pre hook auth_valid_session stopped further plugins. at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 123.

GT::Plugins (5013): Plugin: pre auth_valid_session running => Plugins::Auth_vBulletin::auth_valid_session at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 118.

GT::Plugins (5013): Plugin pre hook auth_init stopped further plugins. at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 123.

GT::Plugins (5013): Plugin: pre auth_init running => Plugins::Auth_vBulletin::auth_init at /home/christan/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 118.
Quote Reply
Re: [Katina] Plugin issues - please help! In reply to
Are both Gossamer Links and vBulletin installed on the same domain (ie. GLinks needs to be able to access vBulletin's session cookie)? Do you know if vBulletin has changed its cookie format since 3.0?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Plugin issues - please help! In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply! :) Yes, both programs are installed on the same domain and share the same mySQL database.

I've inquired about the cookie format on the vB forums, and hope to receive an answer shortly. I'll post the answer here as soon as I hear back.

I also did some testing last night, and noticed that this seems to only be an issue with Internet Explorer. Both Firefox and Opera handle the login fine, with no problems switiching back and forth between programs.

Thanks!
Katina
Quote Reply
Re: [Katina] Plugin issues - please help! In reply to
If that's the case, then it's probably nothing to do with vBulletin. Not particularly easy to debug since IE doesn't have any tools to make debugging such problems easy :\

If you send me GLinks admin panel access and an account that's having the login problems, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian