Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Staggered build

Quote Reply
Staggered build
It seems staggered build isn't really working for me...or it is and it isn't...

As telnet is beginning to kill me during a build full I was going to start to use staggered via the web interface...my database is setup so that every link (or members, 215 of them) goes to the same category...but via the altcategory mod it goes to a lot of other categories too..but building via staggered results in every category being marked with "0" links while build all builds it correctly....

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [dj1s] Staggered build In reply to
213 records in one category is a lot. Try breaking up your directory structure into smaller "chunks". Also, use the build spanning option in the links.cfg file to build multiple web pages in your categories.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Staggered build In reply to
I know its quite a bit..and I do have span pages on..but I'm thinking staggered should always work right? Or at least work somewhat... it doesn't seem like staggered is looking at the altcategory field like build all does...is this typical?
Quote Reply
Re: [dj1s] Staggered build In reply to
Some users have reported problems with staggered build with the altcategory mod in the past. I'd suggest that you search the LINKS 2.0 forums for Altcategories.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Staggered build In reply to
Hmm...well I just searched through about 500 posts and it seems the majority of people didn't really talk about staggered build with altcategories... There was a couple threads that just kind of dismissed it as not working...but does staggered build with alt-categories work for anyone? (do the alt-category links show up)...with my new timeout problem I'm thinking staggered building is the way to go..but with so many of my links in alt-categories I can't really...

Has anyone gotten this to work?